|Quick Start Links|
This site is the home of a collaborative open project to promote, implement and deploy DNS Privacy. The goals of this project include:
(1) Raising awareness of the issue of DNS Privacy
(2) Empowering users to take advantage of DNS Privacy tools and resources (client applications, DNS Privacy resolvers)
(3) Evolving the DNS to support DNS Privacy and in particular developing new DNS Protocol standards
(4) Working towards full support for DNS Privacy in a range of Open Source DNS implementations including: getdns, Unbound, NSD, BIND, PowerDNS and Knot (Auth and Resolver)
(5) Co-ordinating deployment of DNS Privacy services and documenting operational practices
Among the many contributors to this project are Sinodun IT, NLnet Labs, SalesForce, Surftnet, NLnet Foundation, OTF, Stephane Bortzmeyer and No Mountain Software.
We have recently migrated our website - please create an issue for any problems with the latest content (see below)!
High level overview of ongoing work on DNS Privacy with monthly updates
For a list of useful RFCs, Internet Drafts and presentations see the Reference Materialpage.
Thanks to NLnet Foundation, OTF and the Comcast Innovation Fund for donations to support DNS Privacy work. Thanks for past support from Verisign Labs.
If you are interested in contributing to the project please contact:
We are currently finishing the migration the
dnsprivacy.org site to our new home: