- Open the Control Panel
- Choose 'Network and Internet'
- Choose 'View network status and tasks' under 'Network and Sharing Center'
- Choose 'Change adapter settings' from the left hand menu
- Then choose your interface - most likely either 'Wi-fi' or 'Ethernet'
- In the dialog that appears, click on the 'Properties' button at the bottom
- In the list that appears double click on 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)'
- You can toggle your DNS between using the default DNS servers provided by the network you are on and setting specific servers using the botton radio buttons on this page
- Be sure to press OK and then Close to apply the settings.
- Repeat step 7 for 'Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)' if you have IPv6 enabled
A helpful screenshot (in German):
If you have changed the default config in the stubby.yml file and are running in Opportunistic mode then you may want to add an alternative DNS server in here for robustness. However DNS queries sent to this server will be sent clear text over UDP/TCP, so this is NOT recommended for Strict mode unless required for bootstrapping (e.g. in a corporate network).