|Table of Contents|
This package install the Stubby can be installed
- either via the install/zip packages available on this page or
- by using chocolatey: https://chocolatey.org/packages/stubby/0.3.0.6
In both cases a command line interface for Stubby. A future release will include a Graphical Interface to manage Stubby.
Stubby has been tested on Windows 10 and should work on Windows 8. There is limited support for Windows 7 - see below.
User testing reports, bug reports and patches/pull requests are all welcomed via the Stubby github issue tracker!
The installer currently overwrites all existing files so if you have made changes to the
- Update to use Stubby 0.3.0.
- This release is built with the Visual Studio toolchain. Previous releases were built with MinGW.
- Update to use Stubby 0.2.6
Previous versions of the installer were numbered 0.0.1 to 0.0.7. From this release onward we are adopting a new policy. Installer releases will have a 4 component version a.b.c.d. a.b.c gives the Stubby version. d indicates the installer package revision, starting at 0 for the first packaging of a given Stubby version.
The 0.2.5.0 release now provides a 32bit install as well as a 64bit install.
On a 64bit Windows installation, a 32bit install will place files in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stubby. All other installs place files in
- This release corrects the default configuration file location to
C:\Program Files\Stubby\stubby.yml. This path no longer needs to be specified on the command line.
stubby.bathas been updated to look for the configuration file in the same directory as the Stubby executable.
Latest installer is version 0.3.0.6 built from:
getdns version: 1.46.20
openssl version: 1.10.12s
stubby version: 0.2.3.3.0
Latest chocolatey package is available here: https://chocolatey.org/packages/stubby/0.3.0.6
Latest msi and zip installers:
|64bit Windows Installer|
|32bit Windows Installer||stubby-0.3.0.6-x86.msi|
|Zip file with 64bit install|
|Zip file with 32bit install|
These contain the following files by the installer.
The 0.3.0.6 release provides a 32bit install as well as a 64bit install. On a 64bit Windows installation, a 32bit install will place files in
- README.txt - containing these instructions
- stubby.exe - binary
- stubby.yml - configuration file
- getdns_query.exe - tool for testing stubby
- getdns_server_mon.exe - tool for probing servers
- Powershell scripts for modifying system resolvers:
Windows 7 versions of Powershell scripts (see below)
Scripts to enable Stubby to be configured as a Scheduled Task(Note these files use absolute paths to the files in
It is recommended to use the default configuration file provided which will use 'Strict' privacy mode and spread the DNS queries among several of the current DNS Privacy test servers. Note that this file contains both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. It installed in "C:\Program Files\Stubby\stubby.yml"
The -l flag enables full logging. Alternatively a specific logging level can be controlled by using the -v flag (run '
- h' for details of available levels).