- Open the Control Panel
- Choose 'Network and Internet'
- Choose 'View network status and tasks' under 'Network and Sharing Center'
- Choose 'Change adapter settings' from the left hand menu
- Then choose your interface - most likely either 'Wi-fi' or 'Ethernet'
- In the dialog that appears, click on the 'Properties' button at the bottom
- In the list that appears double click on 'Internet Protocol Version 6 4 (TCP/IPv6IPv4)'
- You can toggle your DNS between using the default DNS servers provided by the network you are on and setting specific servers using the botton radio buttons on this page
- Be sure to press OK and then Close to apply the settings.
- Repeat step 7 for 'Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)' if you have IPv6 enabled