- either via the install/zip packages available on this page or
by using chocolatey: https://chocolatey.org/packages/stubby/0.3.0.6
The 0.4.0 release release msi and zip files includes both the command line tool described below and also a Graphical Interface to manage Stubby.
The installer currently overwrites all existing files so if you have made changes to the
Latest installer is version 0.3.0.6 built from:
getdns version: 1.6.0
openssl version: 1.0.2s
stubby version: 0.3.0
Latest msi and zip installers:
|64bit Windows Installer|
|32bit Windows Installer||stubby-0.3.0.6-x86.msi|
|Zip file with 64bit install|
|Zip file with 32bit install|
Latest chocolatey package is available here: https://chocolatey.org/packages/stubby/0.3.0.6
- This update The msi and zip files now includes the Stubby Manager GUI see this page for details. This installs alongside the existing install and should not interfere with existing installs. It also includes a version of stubby that can (Chocolatey package does not contain this yet)
- Stubby can now be installed as a Windows service, see this README.md for details.
- Update to use Stubby 0.3.0.
- This release is built with the Visual Studio toolchain. Previous releases were built with MinGW.
- Update to use Stubby 0.2.6
Previous versions of the installer were numbered 0.0.1 to 0.0.7. From this release onward we are adopting a new policy. Installer releases will have a 4 component version a.b.c.d. a.b.c gives the Stubby version. d indicates the installer package revision, starting at 0 for the first packaging of a given Stubby version.
The 0.2.5.0 release now provides a 32bit install as well as a 64bit install.
On a 64bit Windows installation, a 32bit install will place files in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stubby. All other installs place files in
- This release corrects the default configuration file location to
C:\Program Files\Stubby\stubby.yml. This path no longer needs to be specified on the command line.
stubby.bathas been updated to look for the configuration file in the same directory as the Stubby executable.
These contain the following files by the installer.
- C:\Program Files\Stubby\stubby_setdns_windows7.ps1 and
WARNING: These scripts can only update DNS servers on the IPv4 service. IPv6 will still use the default DNS servers, sending queries in clear text so one option is to disable IPv6, the other is to manually update the IPv6 addessses (see below).
Install Stubby as Windows service
See this README.md for details.
Create a Scheduled Task
If you want Stubby to always start when you boot your system, you can create a Scheduled task for this. A template for the task is provided.